5 simple things to make you happy
I know all too well how easy it is to get caught up with a schedule of meetings and family commitments and I would feel a little hypocritical sharing this with you, if I hadn’t just started doing it myself.
Put aside the excuses and find time to do any one of these each day and you’ll feel all the brighter for it!
1. Get in contact with a friend you haven't seen for a while, you’ll make their day as well as your own.
2. Do a random act of kindness, it could be giving someone a book you’ve read or stopping to help someone who has heavy bags or who has broken down – make it unexpected!
3. Meditation – take ten minutes to bring calm to your body and mind, you don’t need a particular technique, just a chance to relax and be yourself.
4. No I’m not a tidy freak, but by completing a minor chore that you've been avoiding, you’ll feel so much better for it – I was elated after cleaning my window frames (can’t believe I just shared that with you!).
5. Do something creative – for me it’s food and creating flavour combinations, but it could be painting, playing music or creative writing. Humans are creative beings and we get much satisfaction by satisfying the need for this.
Please login / register to leave comments.